2 sweet potatoes/yams (I like the Garnet variety but any will be delicious)
Olive oil, melted coconut oil, melted ghee, or any combination of these three
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Peel or don’t peel the sweet potatoes depending on your preference (but do clean them well!).
3. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and then if they are long, in half crosswise. Cut each piece into wedges.
4. Alternatively, cut them into 2-inch chunks (or buy them pre-peeled and pre-cut!).
5. Put the sweet potatoes into a bowl and add olive oil and salt to coat. Use your hands to mix until all pieces are coated with oil and salt. Add optional seasoning like chili power, cinnamon, or cumin.
6. Spread the sweet potatoes out in a single layer on a backing sheet. Bake for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.