1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 and 3/4 cups buttermilk (how to make your own buttermilk from plain milk + vinegar or lemon)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle maker on medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. (DRY INGREDIENTS)
- In another large bowl, whisk the egg yolks, butter, sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla together until combined. (WET INGREDIENTS)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk gently until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into each well of the waffle maker (or less if your waffle maker is smaller) and close the lid. Cook the waffles until golden brown and crisp, 5-6 minutes. Transfer the cooked waffles to the wire rack and keep warm in the preheated oven as you cook the rest. Repeat to cook the remaining batter.
Leave a Reply